Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Time?

I’m listening to Christmas music like I have been constantly for about a month now. We moved into the new townhouse, and I FINALLY got my bedroom set and laptop I order weeks ago.

I have a question for you guys: when is it considered time to start taking out Christmas decorations and hearing the carols and such?
Personally, I find that retail is borderline ridiculous. You have to keep in mind that Christmas time is the biggest time of the fiscal year. So they’re not “too early”, they’re right on time.




But when should we start? When should the boxes come out of the basement and the tree go up? I mean, if you’re someone who gets a real tree, it obviously shouldn’t be going up in November. But some even think that the beginning of December is too early.

Me, I like to slowly move into Christmas. It is a really big time of year. There’s always so much going on. Starbucks is right on the ball. When they get their Holiday drinks and Christmas cups, that’s when I start feeling the season. Then the first snowfall is when I take out all my Christmas music. And if my house isn’t fully decked by December 1, there’s something wrong.

I absolutely love this time of year. I love all the tradition, the feeling you get when you’re in the mall, the smells, the colours, the lights, etc. I thrive in this time of year. In my opinion, everyone should have 2 weeks off for Christmas. Although that’s simply not possible, it would give people a good opportunity to take it all in.

Whenever you decide to take out your decorations, and no matter what you celebrate: Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, Yule, Eid, etc. I hope you enjoy this season for exactly what it is. It’s time to celebrate what you have, who you love, and what you’re going to experience in the future. No time of year is more perfect than this. Enjoy it.

Love always xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment