Thursday, November 4, 2010

Moving On. Again.

Ok so it's back off to Kitchener for me this weekend.
After an impromtu decision to leave, I quit work and am about to leave.
Of course, screwing people over on the way.
I think I've realised my problem.
Why I haven't lived in a place very long, stuck a job out for very long, or just in general been happy at all with my current situation. It's because I hate-HATE-being tied down to anything. Commitment, contracts, obligations, dead lines, anything. I need to be one of those nomadic tribe members (who live off the land, fall asleep and wake up when they please, and can't really communicate to one another) in order to be 100% happy. And obviously, the search for this epiphany leaves more disappointment, hatred and selfishness in its wake.
How is anyone supposed to find themselves without being selfish? How is anyone supposed to end up successful without somebody getting screwed over? I'll never know. All I know right now is if I keep obsessing over whether or not my situation fits my perception of a story-book dream life, I'm going to end up very very alone. What's story book about that?
I think what I need is to meet someone else who is as impatient and eager for complete independent freedom to the point they will do anything to acheive it. At least then I'll have like a "quitting buddy" and hopefully make things easier when I have the craving to run away again.
So, bring it on, Kitchener.
Maybe I'm just not ready for changes and adulthood. Maybe I just want a little more time to be irresponsible and reckless.

No comments:

Post a Comment